What better way to enjoy this amazing warm weather than by being outside and exploring your very own downtown, community parks, local shops/restaurants, and historical sites. May 2-May 10, 2015 is known nationwide as “National Travel and Tourism Week”. According to the U.S. Travel Association “A wide cross section of travel and tourism professionals work throughout the week to promote the impactful contributions their travel markers and organizations make to the U.S. economy.”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t take a plane or go on a road trip, go out there and explore your very own town! Starting today, tomorrow, this weekend or maybe next week make sure to get up, walk around, visit and explore all the amazing and fun things your town has to offer and start supporting your community!
Here’s a list of a few fun things to do in your community:
- Buy fresh and healthy food at your local market and enjoy a wonderful picnic at the park
- Go for a bike ride and explore new routes
- Take a tour at a local historical site and learn about your towns history
- Visit your town’s downtown area and discover new shops
- Grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant and meet up with some friends for a few drinks
These are just a few of the things that you and your family and friends can enjoy any time all while supporting your community and the economy. What are you waiting for? Go on!